Artificial intelligence, sun, and sand. The 16th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, “Humanoids 2016,” will be held at the Westin Resort & Spa in Cancun, Mexico: 15-17 November 2016. This year’s conference covers many topics, including:
- Principles and technologies for anthropomorphic/bionic design and control
- Novel materials, devices, mechanisms, energy system for humanoids
- Software and hardware architecture, system integration
- Whole-body dynamics, control, sensing, informatics
- Measuring, modeling and simulating humans
- Teleoperation, tele-experience, tele-presence using humanoids
- Humanoid locomotion, manipulation, perception, planning
- Human and humanoid skills/cognition/interaction
- Adaptation, learning and cognitive development of humanoids
- Humanoids for human science and engineering
- Cyborgs, prostheses, assistive devices and sensor/motor suits
- Neuro-robotics and brain-robot interfaces for humanoids and humans
- Social interaction and acceptability
- Applications: home, field, space, social, industrial, medical, health/mental care, art/entertainment, education
- Superhuman humanoids / future humanoids (possibility, technology and meaning)
- Grand challenges, competitions, outreach
- Humanoid ethics and philosophy
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Robotics and Automation Society’s objectives are scientific, literary and educational in character. The Society strives for the advancement of the theory and practice of robotics and automation engineering and science and of the allied arts and sciences, and for the maintenance of high professional standards among its members, all in consonance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the IEEE and with special attention to such aims within the Field of Interest of the Society.
The mission of the IEEE’s Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) is to foster the development and facilitate the exchange of scientific and technological knowledge in Robotics and Automation that benefits members, the profession.and humanity. The organization strives to advance innovation, education, and fundamental and applied research in robotics and automation. Robotics focuses on systems incorporating sensors and actuators that operate autonomously or semi-autonomously in cooperation with humans. Robotics research emphasizes intelligence and adaptability to cope with unstructured environments. Automation research emphasizes efficiency, productivity, quality, and reliability, focusing on systems that operate autonomously, often in structured environments over extended periods, and on the explicit structuring of such environments.
For more information about the upcoming humanoids conference, go to www.humanoids2016.org.