CCS ROBOT DEVELOPMENT KIT
The CCS Robot is perfect for Robot Sumo competitions
What is Robot Sumo?*
Robot-sumo, or pepe-sumo, is a sport in which two robots attempt to push each other out of a circle (in a similar fashion to the sport of sumo). The robots used in this competition are called sumobots.
The most common “weapon” used in a sumobot competition is an angled blade at the front of the robot, usually tilted at about a 45 degree angle towards the back of the robot. This blade has an adjustable height for different tactics.
Robot-sumo is divided into classes, fought on progressively smaller arenas:
- Standard class (sometimes named Mega-sumo) robots may mass up to 3 kg and fit inside a 20 cm by 20 cm box, any height.
- Mini-sumo. Up to 500 g mass, 10 cm by 10 cm, any height.
- Micro-sumo. Up to 100 g mass, must fit in a 5 cm cube.
- Nano-sumo. Must fit in a 2.5 cm cube.
- Femto-sumo. Must fit inside a 1 cm cube.
Classes are further divided into remote-controlled and autonomous robots.
Sumo robots are built from scratch, from kits or from kits such as the CCS Robot. Some sumo bots are built with only wood and motors for more of a challenge. The usual size for the wood is 12″ by 12″. It makes it hard to construct a really large robot with this piece of wood.
*Courtesy of Wikipedia
There are a large number of videos on YouTube for Sumo Robot Competitions.