Ok… The next step was supposed to be to add the microcontroller and advanced mechanisms. Well… I got to part of that. I decided that the first step was to make the platform fully four wheel drive (with the idea that at some point we might want to put off road wheels on it so it would be able to manage outside terrain better) so that part has been completed but no microcontroller just yet.
The addition of advanced mechanisms and a microcontroller to allow for sensors and autonomous controls.
Fully functional 4WD base platform complete and operational in RC mode and ready for microcontroller.
I will do my utmost to make progress on this project by next issue and report on what’s going on with it… the successes and failures. I sometimes learn more from a failure than from a success so let’s see how much of each we find. If something strikes you about this project… please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with what you think. I look forward to hearing from you!