The latest competition news courtesy of:
<src=”http://www.botmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rnlogo-test-180×13.png” alt=”” width=”180″ height=”13″ />
“All the news that’s fit to assimilate”
Lots of interesting news in this week’s roundup!
- If you have a lot of hobby robot experience combined with business experience, New Jersey tool-making company Micro Mark might be looking for you. Check out their job opening for details (PDF format).
- John Olesen sent a link to some video of Boston Dynamics LS3 robot that you might not have seen yet. For more, see our last story on the DARPA Big Dog / Mule
- The Bristol Robotics Lab has started a new program to make robots more “trustworthy” – in this context, “trustier” means “safer”.
- A Ruhr-Universität Bochum news release describes a new theory of emotion developed by their philosophers.
- A Robot builder in India sent a link to the DROYO smart phone robot, built as a University project.
- Hack a Day posted a great summary of robot demos from the 2013 IEEE International Conference of Robotics and Automation
- Gizmodo has a great video of a robot that can gently handle Tofo – a nice change from killer robots.
- And finally, how about a three-piece robot rock band that plays with Japanese pop singers.
Know any other robot news, gossip, or amazing facts we should report? Send ’em our way please. Don’t forget to follow us on twitter and Facebook. And now you can add us to your Google+ circles too.