Applications are now being accepted for Round 2 of the Presidential Innovation Fellows Program.
According to the White House’s website, the program was launched last year and “recruits top innovators and entrepreneurs from the private sector for 6-12 month “tours of duty” in government to help develop innovative solutions in areas of national significance.”
According to the announcement on the website, in addition to ongoing projects in this program, applicants are also sought for the following new projects:
- “Disaster Response and Recovery will collaboratively build and “pre-position” critical tech tools ahead of future emergencies or natural disasters in order to mitigate economic damage and save lives.
- Cyber-Physical Systems will work with government and industry to create standards for a new generation of inter operable, dynamic, and efficient “smart systems”—an “industrial Internet”—that combines distributed sensing, control, and data analytics to help grow the economy and new high-value American jobs.
- 21st Century Financial Systems will work to move the financial accounting systems of Federal agencies out of the era of large-scale, agency-specific implementations to one that favors more nimble, modular, scalable, and cost-effective approaches.
- Innovation Toolkit will develop a suite of tools that empowers our Federal workforce to respond to national priorities more quickly and more efficiently.
- Development Innovation Ventures will help enable the US government to identify, test, and scale breakthrough solutions to the world’s toughest problems.”
Please click here to learn more about this program at the White House website: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/05/throw-your-hat-ring-round-2-presidential-innovation-fellows-program