(Technology in Action)
by John-David Warren (Author), Josh Adams (Author), Harald Molle (Author)
This book will show you how to use your Arduino to control a variety of different robots, while providing step-by- step instructions on the entire robot building process. You’ll learn Arduino basics as well as the characteristics of different types of motors used in robotics. You also dis- cover controller methods and failsafe methods, and learn how to apply them to your project. The book starts with basic robots and moves into more complex projects, including a GPS-enabled robot, a robotic lawn mower, a fighting bot, and even a DIY Segway-clone.
• Introduction to the Arduino and other components needed for robotics
• Learn how to build motor controllers
• Build bots from simple line-following and bump-sensor bots to more complex robots that
can mow your lawn, do battle, or even take you for a ride
Please note: the print version of this title is black & white; the eBook is full color. What you’ll learn:
• Basics of motor-control
• Basics of PCB design and fabrication
• R/C control and decoding
• Autonomous sensor guidance
• Frame building from various materials
• Instructions for a variety of robot designs
• Who this book is for
• Electronics and robotics hobbyists and DIY builders.